- Drayage: shipping freight in short hauls from the port to its destination.
- Intermodal Trucking: transporting freight using multiple modes of transportation without handling the freight itself.
- Transloading: transferring freight from one mode of transporation to another.
- Warehousing: storing freight that will be distrubuted later.
- Drop and Hook: driver delivers the freight to the final delivery location to drop off the trailer and pick up a new one.
- Chassis: an assembly of essential parts of the trck to be ready for operation on the road.
- Port of New York and New Jersey: the port district for the New York/Newark metropolitan area that encompasses a 25 mile radius.
- New Jersey Legislative Bill S863: the new law would enforce employers in New Jersey use the “ABC” test to determine whether a driver should be classified as an employee or an independent contractor.